If you’re a hard working individual looking to join an upbeat, family-oriented team who puts customers first, this is the job for you! Our family is looking to hire an individual who is flexible, organized, independent, and passionate to join our team. The person would be responsible for overseeing our bakery operations and team.
Responsible for the ordering, preparing, producing, and baking of fried cakes, baked goods and fudge.. This is done alongside a close-knit team while upholding the following attributes: clear and consistent communication between staff and customers, leading by example, and dedication to continuing to evolve as a person, all while maintaining a positive work environment.
- Function as role model to staff by performing all store functions as necessary, demonstrating good work habits, encouraging clean and safe work habits and promoting positive attitudes toward customers.
- Ensure adequate quantities of ingredients and products are in stock. Order ingredients and products as required.
- Ensure fried cakes, pies, and cookies are prepared at the start of each day by preparing ahead of time.
- Oversee quality control and ensure appropriate variety and quantity of products have been prepared daily.
- Prepare the bakery and baking area each evening to ensure is ready for the morning
- Provide sufficient staffing for bakery needs at all times including creating the work schedule.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable and competent of each bakery operation.
- Clean and/or assure kitchen and dough making areas have been properly cleaned at the end of each day to include wiping down all equipment, table tops, walls and floors.
- Receive, examines and puts away deliveries for discrepancies and resolves problems promptly including solving schedule conflicts and day of call ins, and training staff
- Ensure work areas meet criteria for New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets Retail Food Store Inspections.
- Assist with phone, in store, on-line, and shipping orders including communicating with customers in a professional manner.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as requested.
- Collaborating and communicating with all areas of the store to provide a seamless customer experience and teamwork
- Researching and developing new ideas
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What we are passionate about:
- Customer’s First: Caring Team Member
- Personal Accountability
- Passion for Our Products
- Community Learning
- 1 year of management experience
- A passion for our brand and products
- Able to multitask and handle pressure situations all while being upbeat and positive
- A love for learning and growing as the business grows
Hours vary throughout the year as busyness varies throughout the season. Weekends are a must in the fall season. Our fall season is an important time of the year for us financially and it is expected all members of the Schutt team go above and beyond in the hours they work and the effort given. You must love being on your feet and can lift 50 lbs.